Sunday, December 28, 2008

Busy Month...

Yeah, I know it's been a long time...Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

This month we attended Blythe's graduation from USC. My dad is so happy that he doesn't have to pay anymore tuition! I swear if he hadn't been sick he would have done cartwheels in the parking lot! We are 3 very grateful children because our parents put us through college and we all graduated: 1 BYU, 2 USC. We know who got the best degree!!!

We took some family pictures together, thanks to Shane the photographer. He's not really a photographer, of course, but he took some decent pictures of us and he took us to a cute place to take them. I thought they turned out pretty good.


We also went to NC to see the NC Freemans (Matt's brother and family). We always have the best time with them. We attended their ward Christmas party and got to see Santa there. Zack freaked out and cried, but then when he saw him he calmed down and took a picture with him. We had a good time just being with them and can't wait to see them again soon.

Christmas was great. We spent it with my family. The best part was that it was 70+ outside and we didn't have to deal with any snow. I'm so thankful not to have that anymore! My mom bought us a little tree so that we'd have one in our cozy apartment. (Did I mention that we finally moved out and into an apartment while we are building our house?) Zack enjoyed his gifts from Santa (all Lightning McQueen as requested!), and Matt and I had exchanged gifts too. Matt has been purchasing guns and ammo, so that was part of his gifts, but he also got a couple of cd's. Matt spoiled me with a Cricut and nice scrapbook photo/paper trimmers and a punch I'd been really wanting.




Most importantly, Zack learned more about the true meaning of Christmas. When we would ask him "what does Christmas mean?", he would answer "Jesus" or "Baby Jesus". He would also say that it was Jesus' birthday, and he started singing "Happy Birthday to Jesus" in the bathtub a few nights ago!

Wish me luck...tomorrow I'm putting Zack in real underwear!!! He's finally made it! I'll have to give a final "potty training" report later!

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Y'all look adorable in those pics! They turned out great. Esp you TaMara :) I'm so happy you are building your very own house. You must feel like a real grown up huh? I'm still waiting for that! Good that you're out on your own again. We'll have to meet up again soon.

Danielle said...

I am glad you guys had a great Christmas!! Where is your apartment and where are you guys building?

Anonymous said...

Thank you, TaMara, for your comment about us and each of your degrees. We would not have done it any other way! We are sooooo glad you all are here with us now.