Thursday, November 13, 2008

Quick Weekend Trip

This past weekend we went to NC to see Matt's brother's family, or as I like to call them "The NC Freemans". We have a great time when we get together. Matt loves spending time with Kirt, Zack has a blast with the kids, and I love to hang out with Karen.

Our nephew Blake has a birthday this coming weekend so we went to celebrate with him. We went to this great Mexican restaurant near their house-the food is so incredible it puts Los Hermanos (my previous favorite Mexican restaurant) to shame.




On Saturday Matt and Kirt took the kids to the park while Karen, Hannah, and I did a little Christmas shopping. Karen made NC bbq on Saturday night, and I have to say it is pretty good...a close second to my SC bbq! (I write so much about food I should have a food blog!) On Sunday we went to church and got to meet all of the people that have to put up with Kirt there (bless you Karen! we do love Kirt and all of his crazy antics). Zack played so hard the entire weekend that he fell asleep before we even got on the highway to head home. And since he saw that Blake sleeps in his own big boy bed, Zack has slept every night this week in his own bed too. Hurray for the influence of older cousins!
Potty update: Zack did ok over the weekend, has been a little on the lazy side this week, but is doing reasonably well overall.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

LOOK AT THOSE CURLS!!! wow...

Veronica said...

So fun to have your other Freeman family in NC. Sounds like a great weekend. How are you girl? Zach is growing up so fast I can hardly believe it. Love ou and miss you tons!