Wednesday, October 8, 2008

General Conference Weekend

I always love General Conference weekend and this one was new and different. We were still able to watch it on tv at my parents, but there was no option to actually go to the Conference Center, fight traffic in and out of SLC, and wait for the cold weather to start. Basically the last time I was in SC for General Conference I was in high school and I had to go to the church. (I take that back, in the past 11 years I was here for 1 of the 22 conferences!) Anyway, it was really good and I stayed awake through all of the sessions. Sometimes it is difficult for me to stay awake, but I was really listening hard and trying to absorb every word. Zack knew everytime that Pres. Monson went to the podium, and he loved saying "Amen" after every prayer and talk! Blythe joined us at my parents house for most of the weekend, but evidently my parents are sick of us b/c they went to Myrtle Beach. In fact I know they are tired of us, and they are wearing on me too. When you are an adult and have your own family it is so hard not to have your own place. We are in negotiations on a house at the moment, so hopefully soon we'll have a house.
For now we are preparing for our trip to FL for the Freeman family cruise (minus Michael, Cheryl, Ashleigh, and Justin :( it won't be the same w/o y'all!) and after that our Disney World trip. (My parents should be happy-we'll be gone for 12 days!) Yes, you can all say it b/c I'll say it too: Zack is so spoiled b/c he's going to Disney World and he's already been to Disney Land this year. Actually, Matt and I will be celebrating 5 years of marriage (yeah-it's really been that long!) right after the cruise so we decided to treat ourselves. It's our gift to each other (Zack is free into the park until Feb)! Back to the "scariest" place on earth! Zack is really excited to go to see the "Pirates" again and go to Disney "Land" to see Lightning McQueen. I just hope that they have something there with the movie "Cars" or else it might not be pretty! Definitely more to come...

6 comments:

Deanna said...

Yay for cruises! I'm sure y'all will have a blast. Yes, we too have been thinking about the beach. Charles doesn't have any time off until November though. Do you think it will be too cold then? If so, we could wait till next spring or summer. But, we will definitely go!

Danielle said...

Wow a cruise and Disney World! I am so jealous. I need to join your family!!

Coordination Queen said...

Wow, what a fun trip to look forward to! Where is the house y'all are going to buy?

Bonnie said...

All I could think of while reading this is, "boy you are OLD!" haha, just kidding, but 22 conferences does sound like a ton... I hope you have lots of fun on your family vacation, I can't wait to hear all about it!

Benson Family said...

Where can I sign up to go with you on this cruise and Disney World? We can be the missing family members. : )

Anonymous said...

That is not true that we wanted to be away from yall! After 12 days I really am missing each of you...especially Zack! It will be wonderful to see yall tonight!
Love, Mama