Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese...

Everyone loves this recipe and I've been giving it out a lot lately so I thought I'd just post it. This is my mom's recipe, so I have to give credit where it's due.

8 oz. box macaroni noodles (Creamettes brand preferred)
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk (or cream if you have it)
1 1/2 cups milk (whole or 2% is best)
3/4 stick margarine
3 cups SHARP cheese-grated
2 eggs
1 tsp. salt

Cook macaroni and drain well. Dump it in the crock pot. Add the other ingredients and stir really well. Cook on LOW 3 1/2 hours. You'll probably have to add salt and pepper to taste, but I usually leave it to the individual. Also, the crispy dark edges are the best so you may want to cook it a little longer or if your crock has a warm setting, put that on once it's done and it will crisp it nicely. Hope y'all enjoy!

3 comments:

ginger said...

hey tamara! i was just seeing how you were. and i'll have to try that crock pot mac and cheese. i'm always looking for dishes that save a little bit of time and are easy :) talk to you later...

Deanna said...

Thanks for inviting us to Zack's birthday party. It was lots of fun and your in laws house was gorgeous. I will have to stop by and have lunch at the workplace to say hi to y'all soon.

Laurel said...

I loved your mac and cheese. My mom has made it twice and it is terrific!