Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter 2008




I took Zack to his 1st egg hunt on Saturday morning. It was the worst one ever. I actually felt bad for even taking him to it, but it was a church activity so I thought it was the right thing to do. First of all, it was planned to start at 9 am. I know we sometimes have church at that time, but really how many people make it on time? Not only that, it was a cold spring morning in Utah where it was a balmy 30 degrees outside and the grass had frost on it! Anyway, we got there at 9:04 am. At 9:05 am it was over. No joke. By the time I got Zack out of the stroller and to the neighborhood park where it was held, all of the candy was gone. Did I mention yet that it was the park where all of the people with pets take their animals to release FECAL Material? Oh but it gets better. I thought that at egg hunts the candy is put into eggs, but evidently someone didn't send the memo to these people and they just threw candy on the ground for kids to pick up. I was so disgusted! The best part was putting Zack back into the stroller and going for a morning walk which I don't frequently get to do.

Easter turned out to be a nice day. Zack got up and found some eggs the bunny had left for him. He didn't really get it, but he loved the "balls" filled with candy. (We found these cute eggs that looked like sport balls). And yes, I know in the pics he is wearing santa pj's. It was cold and he needed to wear them. Don't make fun! After church we went to the Freeman family dinner and Zack participated in an egg hunt there too. In the end I know Easter is not all about the egg hunts and candy, and Matt and I are truly grateful for the Atonement and Resurrection of our Savior and our opportunity to teach Zack about Him.

5 comments:

Emily said...

That stinks about the egg hunt. Zack is so cute!

Ashley said...

LOL - I am laughing so hard right now. Not at Zack, but on how you told the story and his Christmas PJ's. lol. There's always next year...

ginger said...

yeah...maybe next year...what are those people in utah thinking :)

Veronica said...

Love to read about your life....thanks for sharing.....Love you!

Benson Family said...

Too funny! Maybe next year there will be someone planning it that actually has a clue. : ) Glad y'all are doing well!