Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A Sad Day...


Yesterday I received some very sad news...Brett Favre is retiring from the NFL. I know many of you won't understand, but he is one of the reasons that I started watching football in the first place. Let's just get this out of the way-he's hot. (Matt knows I feel this way, and that I won't leave him!) And he's a great QB! I really became a Packers fan over the years. Matt is happy to see him go b/c now he thinks the Lions will actually do better in their division now. WHATEVER! The Lions suck but that is a blog for another day. One of my childhood dreams was to go to Green Bay and watch him play, and now one of my dreams has come to an end before it was fulfilled. Maybe he really isn't going to do it and his love of the game will bring him back, but if not then I now have a little hole in my heart where my favorite QB no longer plays.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

I feel the same way. Growing up a niners fan, I never liked favre until I got to know more about him and he is a great guy and great player (and of course hot). He will be missed.

Veronica said...

Love Brett, but glad he didn't have to forced to retire....he went out on top with everyone still loving him....LOVE THAT FOOTBALL!