Saturday, June 28, 2008

First Potty Experience...

Today we went and bought a potty for Zack. I know I blogged earlier this year about wanting to potty train him, but it just felt like the timing wasn't quite right yet. Well, he let us know last weekend on our trip to Las Vegas/Anaheim/San Diego that he was ready even if we weren't. Yes, in each of those 3 cities he yelled out in random places and times "I gotta poo-poo!" And the last time he said it he grabbed napkins off the table in the restaurant and proceeded to wipe his behind while sitting in the highchair. Moral of the story: listen to your kid. Back to today, I was in the bathroom and asked if he wanted to go to the potty. I took off his diaper, he mounted his potty and tried to go. He tooted twice but that was all. I wasn't disappointed b/c he was really grunting...Then tonight I was changing him into his pj's and decided to try again. He walked into the bathroom, mounted the potty and started peeing. I know "TMI" but I was soooo proud/happy/excited. My baby went in a potty! One step closer to no diapers. I know it is a long process, but this couldn't have started out any better!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Woohoo!! Of course don't get too excited. I hear lots of kids regress when they move. I hate to be the one to bring bad news but I just want you to be prepared for that. I just hope ya'll will be moving soon!! I was hoping Zack was going to be around for Brady's Birthday Party.