Monday, July 28, 2008

CONFESSION!!!




I love to read, but it has been a really long time since I have had the time to do it. Y'all know how it gets. Anyway, I saw all of these people reading the "Twilight" series by Stephenie Meyer, and I was curious as to what this fellow BYU grad could come up with. WOW! I know these are books meant for teens and they are fairly easy reads, but I LOVED them! I can't wait for the fourth to come out this Friday. This in a nut shell will tell you how much I enjoyed them:

Friday, July 18: Bought "Twilight" after work and began reading it.
Sunday, July 20: Finished "Twilight" (around 500 pages).
Monday, July 21: Bought "New Moon" after work and began reading it.
Wednesday, July 23: Finished "New Moon" after work (500 pgs) and bought "Eclipse" and started reading it.
Thursday, July 24: Pioneer Day=no work in Utah so I read all of "Eclipse" by the end of the night (600 pgs plus the 1st chapter of "Breaking Dawn").

So I wasn't a really good mother or wife for a week, and my house wasn't that straight, but every once in a while MOTHERS NEED A BREAK from the everyday reality of life. And I took full advantage...by the way, Matt already knows not to bother me this coming weekend b/c I'll be reading again...

5 comments:

Laurel said...

i love to read too. it is fun to escape your thoughts and just get lost in a story. i can't wait for the 4th twilight series.

Veronica said...

Okay---so I read each and every one in the Twilight series. Can't wait for the next one either....I must confess that I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED The Host even more than I love the Twilight trilogy. So TaMara, you must read The Host too. I will be interested to hear what you think about her book not in the vampire series. Nothing better than a good read and being left alone, huh!

Coordination Queen said...

I escape into my own world every night. I gave up watching tv unless I'm ironing, now I just read a lot. I'm so excited for Saturday!

Jack and Erika said...

Girl, those books were the story of my spring break!! I have been counting down the days and I got Ginger and my mom addicted! One more day!

Hope y'all are doing well!

Physcokity said...

Welcome to the ranks! Are you Team Edward or Team Jacob?