Saturday, August 23, 2008

Update...

Well, there's so much going on I don't know where to start. We sold our condo and within 2 weeks we left Utah. I left my job at Nature's Way and I'm officially a stay-at-home mama now. I am happy to be with Zack, but I have to admit it is different from getting up everyday and going to work. It's a totally different kind of work. I officially worked 3 years and 6 days at Nature's Way, and it was great. On my last day I cried, said my goodbyes, etc. My boss Jackie made an awesome cake and I'm going to get the recipe as soon as I can. It was incredible. So, my last day was on Monday, August 11, and the next day we packed the entire condo with the help of Matt's entire family (many thanks) and left Utah on that Wednesday morning at 6 am. It about killed me. Lee (Matt's dad) drove the moving truck which was also towing Matt's car, and we followed in my car. Zack was an angel driving across the country. When we stopped he was pretty good, except around dinner time when he just wanted to run everywhere! I was really surprised at how well he did. It probably helped that we had driven to CA just a few months prior to this big trip. We have literally been from coast-to-coast this summer, and I'm tired! So now we're living with my parents-I literally would like to kick my own butt for this one-I swore I never would, but what can you do? We are now looking for a place in Fort Mill, SC so that Matt will be close to his appointments that he has in the Charlotte area.
The first week we were here Matt had to go to Winston-Salem, NC where his brother lives. We were able to see Kirt and his wife Karen and their 4 cute kids (Hannah, Taylor, Blake, and Lacey). Zack loved playing with his NC cousins just as much as his UT cousins. We went to a water park one day and we had a blast. We saw the 3 younger kids at their gymnastics classes, and they are so good. Hannah and I discussed the Twilight series. Karen has a lovely home and the kids were so much fun, and Kirt is the same old Kirt. Karen and I get along great and it's like Matt and Kirt have never been apart for these past few years. We are so excited to live so close to them and be able to visit more. We have already made plans to see them soon.
I am so slack b/c I didn't take any pictures on the entire trip from Utah to SC to NC and back. It was all too much at the time. I plan on taking some when I can. Right now I'm using my mom's computer until I break down and go get my Mac! Bear with me, at least until I get a house!
Speaking of, our project now is looking for a house. I can't wait to get a house with a yard, except I'm not excited for all of the signing and money that goes with it. Hopefully everything will work out as it has thus far. Lots of faith, right? Again, thanks for all of the prayers to help to get us here.

7 comments:

Deanna said...

Yay! So glad you're "here". We're planning on going to the temple the first Sat in Sept. we'll have to meet up!

Emily said...

I am glad you made it!!! Good luck with the house hunting and all the new adjustments. I am sure your family is loving having you and your family there.

Veronica said...

Can't believe you are living with my soul sister.....I really miss just knowing that you are in Utah. But I am so happy for you to be back in the south....I know you missed it. I also know that TaWanna must be on cloud nine having Zach there too. Good luck with the house hunting....hope you find the perfect place. Fort Mill is a nice place and just a hop from Blythewood. I am so happy for all of you. Put those pictures up and let me know when you have your MAC and we can maybe do some IChat.....I love to use the camera to visit with Emily and her family. Say hello to everyone. Love you!

Ashley said...

COME SEE ME!!!!!! I'll give you a call - play date THIS week. :)

Bonnie said...

I'm so happy for you guys! You got out of Utah just to become Utarded. I guess you can take the Freeman's out of Utah, but you can't take the Utah out of the Freemans! =) Just kidding. I hope you can buy a house soon and start putting your life together! It sounds exciting, I can't wait until it's me!

Laurel said...

yeah! I am so glad you get to stay home with Zach and I am glad you could return to your south. We will all miss you in Utah

Coordination Queen said...

That's so exciting! Good luck with the house hunting, it is fun but stressful at the same time.